Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Salute To The Late Spc. Jeremiah S. Santos

Greetings!:
 
Hopefully this can be considered "better late than never." 
 
In the name of the House of Old-School, I salute the late US Army Spc. Jeremiah S. Santos, nephew of our Honourary Patroness, who was killed by a roadside bomb in Iraq late last week.  According to an article in his home-town paper (please go to www.tvmeg.blogspot.com should you wish to link directly to this story from there), he wanted to make a career out of the military, and, if I may be permitted to put it this way, indeed did so after a manner by making the ultimate sacrifice on behalf of those for whom he was fighting.  Again according to what I read, he was well-liked by all who knew him, thus obviously making his loss harder to bear.  Yet may his family and friends, who hopefully will accept my best wishes at this difficult time, nonetheless remain proud of him for what he did for them.  _I_ am, and I did not know him personally!  
 
Respectfully intended,
 
J. V. 

3 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne Lanoue said...

Hi! Just testing out the comments.

Thank you for your kind words in your blog!

BTW I did not know Tiger Woods' father had died...that is really sad since I know how close they were. Have you checked out news articles about his playing at the US Open? There are a lot of articles out there, theorizing as to why he did badly...

2:46 AM EDT  
Blogger JVaughan said...

Yes, Mr. Woods' father did die.

This may well have been a factor as per his poor performance in the US Open, but does not explain other poor outings he has had in recent years, though one cannot eliminate his father's final illness from consideration. I cynically wonder if the issue of his equipment, if issue it be, is being kept "under wraps" for avoedly-commercial reasons. Further, this could be far-fetched, but could the media perchance be a party to this cover-up, again if cover-up it be?

Perhaps neither you nor I should be discussing this in a thread devoted to your nephew's tragic death, but this is where you put the comment, and so here am I as well.

You say that enough may have been said reference your big issue in the opening thread of this blog, but I feel you would think me cowardly if I did not again respond, and thus I must try to do so before too long.

J. V.

9:42 AM EDT  
Blogger JVaughan said...

And again I must apologize for putting a correction into a separate comment for not being able to proofread and edit from here in the blog itself, but "avoedly" should certainly have been "avowedly!"

J. V.

9:54 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home