Friday, June 09, 2006

Honours And Greetings

Greetings!:
 
As owner of The House Of Old-School, I hereby confer the designated honours upon the below-named individuals for reasons set forth in the following citations:
 
For suggesting that I should have a blog of my own, and for, with a right-good will, creating and setting up all things necessary and desirable for the well-functioning of said blog, Mrs. Suzanne Lanoue is hereby created Honourary Patroness of The House of Old-School.  She has accepted appointment as such.  She, having Internet access, may be posting comments to this blog if and when she might wish. 
 
For good work for my late mother during her and my early years of residence in the building wherein I now still live and for returning to work for me following her death, for splendidly living out the basic premise of this blog, for her ongoing support of me even when I was in some personal difficulty, and for being one of the finest African-American women, if not women overall, it has been my privilege to know, Mrs. Mary Cupid is hereby created Honourary Co-Patroness of The House Of Old-School.  She has accepted appointment as such.  She has neither computer nor, it would naturally follow, Internet access. 
 
For, even though he had a folksy, etc., side, living out the basic premise of this blog, for his love, to a degree, of ritual and ceremony which is so much a part of my life, for his support of what I feel were and are good, conservative causes, for being a force for good in our family, especially when a firm hand and voice was needed, and for being my personal-favourite relative and one of the finest individuals it has been my privilege to know, the late Mr. John Henry Davidson is hereby created Honourary Patron of The House of Old-School.  Mrs. Mary Cupid, here being created Honourary Co-Patroness of this blog, by virtue of authority delegated to her by me as Temporary Co-Owner hereof for the purpose of joining me in making an appointment, _HEARTILY_ joined me in making this appointment, and Mrs. Marion Davidson, his sister-in-law and his surviving next of kin, has accepted said appointment on his behalf. 
 
In the name of The House Of Old-School, I extend warm and hearty greetings to all individuals associated with the various and sundry organizations, etc., Internet links to which have been set here for the edification and hoped-for pleasure of any and all who might visit this house in future, and to all such to which links might be added from here in times to come. 
 
Gratefully, respectfully and _JOYFULLY_ submitted, 
 
J. V.
Owner
The House Of Old-School

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home